Today I want to share with you how to build a website free, step by step. Before you start the process, please take a moment and think about your theme (niche); what your website is going to be about.
The process of making money online is broken down into the following 4 steps.
1. You choose an area of interest (niche)
2. You build a website
3. Get traffic (visitors) to your website
4. Find an affiliate program and earn money
As you can see, choosing a niche comes before building a website. Without a niche, your website is going to lose the focus and would not attract many visitors. A niche can be anything that you are interested in or passionate about.
In this particular post, I am going to pick one example niche and show you how to make a website online free. My niche is going to be; Gluten Free Diet
Now that I chose my niche, I am going to a place that helps me to build a website free. My recommendation is SiteRubix.com. It provides you two free WordPress websites with free hosting. Yes, 100% free. If you are a complete beginner in the online world like I was, I highly recommend SiteRubix. It was so easy and quick to create my own website free, and I will show you right now how to create your own website from scratch. Ok, let’s get started, shall we?
How to Build a Website Free, Step by Step
1. Go to SiteRubix.com. Pick a domain name (website name) that represents your niche.
2. My niche is gluten free diet, right? So I want to include the words “Gluten Free Diet” in my domain name. In the space provided, I typed “glutenfreediet.” Oops… The name has been taken by someone already. I need to come up with something else!
3. I decided to add my name, “yukos” at the beginning of the domain name and typed “yukosglutenfreediet.”
Yay! It is available 🙂 I am going to use this as my domain name. Now, click on “Build My Free Website.”
4. Now you will see the pop-up as below. This is the special part of SiteRubix.
It comes with a free membership and free get started courses at a community called “Wealthy Affiliate University.”
As a beginner, once you have built a website you will need support on how to actually run it. I once created a good-looking website on my own through a YouTube tutorial video. It took me months, but I was very proud of my accomplishment. However, the website didn’t get visitors and I didn’t understand why. I felt lost, and WordPress didn’t teach me anything about traffic.
Trust me on this. You will need help for your online success. LOTS OF help!
For more details about this program and community, you can read my review on Wealthy Affiliate.
Now, let’s continue on with building the website. Fill in the information and click on “Create Account & Continue.”
5. Now you are at “Step 2” of this page. Here, you are going to give a name to your website. I named it “Yuko’s Gluten Free Diet.”
6. Choose a theme (look) of your website. As a free member, you can pick whatever a look you like from 20 different options. Click on “I’m Ready, Build My Website Now!” and wait for a few seconds!
7. Ta-da! Here is my new website “Yuko’s Gluten Free Diet” up and running already.
From here, what I have to do is to start writing contents (articles) and post them on this website 🙂
Quite simple and quick, wasn’t it? It took me less than a minute to create this website.
You can do the same as I did, using SiteRubix.com. After all, it is free and you would have nothing to lose by giving it a try.
You can also view this tutorial video that walks you through step-by-step how to build a fully functional WordPress video.
Thank you for dropping by and reading my post. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.